Here is the impact that FitWorth had on the community last year. We’ve got a long way to go but we are headed in the right direction.
- 25,000+ Fort Worth children participate in our Mayor’s Challenge
- 1,500 FWISD Staff participated in the Challenge alongside their students
- 20 million+ minutes of physical activity tracked
- 1.6 million servings of fruits and vegetables eaten
- $8,500 worth of new playground and recess equipment donated
- 600+ cyclists between ages 8 and 78 rode with us during the 21 day Tour de Fort Worth
- 650 students participated in hands on cooking demonstrations in after-school programs
- 200 Students supported to run in local 5k races
- 5 Salad Bar donations to FWISD Schools supported
We work with the City, businesses, community members, other non-profits and school districts to produce programs that make a difference. We leverage resources, stick to what works, and do what is best for Fort Worth.